Thread: The Whole
View Single Post
Old 17-01-2018, 07:38 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash112
You have a good point, "ending suffering" isn't really what I want.

But I do have a massive interest in decreasing the suffering in the world. How can I sit by and watch the whole world suffer when I've got an effective cure for it sitting right in my hands? There's just too much suffering going on...

The thing is, I've went and kept one foot in duality purely so I can use non-duality as a dualistic tool to help the world. If that makes any sense?

For me, Freedom from Suffering is different than freedom from pain. The word Suffering to me mean means imprisonment through psychological conditioning which is defining as well as confining to our human existence. So you may be in a painful situation, illness, other conditions although it impinges on you as a person and may completely preoccupy your life, it doesn't 'Define' your life or your existence in the last instance. Becoming overwhelmed by Worldly pain is a myopia or a blindness, perhaps a type of sleep walking which runs counter to awakening, To be awake, Buddha one who is awake for instance.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge