View Single Post
Old 25-06-2012, 11:24 PM
she who plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
Yes, this works for me very well indeed. I take it you know a bit about Jungian psychology, then?

Little bits, vaguely. Only read a little bit about him. What stuck was his ideas of Anima and Animus, the inner male and inner female that complete each person's sense of identity. The word 'archetype' I just use in a sort of generic fashion.

I try to mostly use my own thinking from my experiences. I was inspired also by the pagan triple goddess concept, but to me its symbolism means something different than that of moon deity or the cycles of womanhood in accordance with seasons. The Mother to me = the womb of energy-consciousness in the void (God if you will). The other two aspects of her to me are Maiden and Nymph, or the human structure of mind-body that is the Mother's daughter with twin aspects reflecting the universal twin aspects. The purity of virginity is used symbolically to represent purity of consciousness as empty. Nymph is that stillness of the Maiden taken into movement and desire...energy.
The Wiccan concept is structured in a way I couldn't grasp fully. It wasn't as complete to me, and also drew too much symbolic division between male and female (What with sun gods and all). I make it simple for myself by saying that essentially she IS he, and he, she. literally and symbolically. It's a feminine symbol that is describing a trans-gender concept. Not a feminine symbol that is describing womanhood in contrast to manhood.