View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 07:43 PM

Carnate wrote:

"I think it's worth mentioning that when people die, they reconnect with their higher-self. They do get a period of reflection over their most recent life, but they also consider how this relates to all the lives they have had. As they regain their memories (of all lives) and their purpose in living the most recent life, their priorities change... they see anything they left behind as unimportant or inconsequential; in terms of how it relates to their goals (which have adjusted because of their increased awareness). Because of this, there's often little reason to initiate contact with people 'left behind'. The soul is seeing the bigger picture"..

Carnate, how do you know this is a fact, as you state it is? Would you please then provide the evidence to support this. I would genuinely like to know. Thank you.

Marymartina... I know your grief. I really, really do.(I have tears as I write this). I lost my boyfriend, the Love of my life, at the end of January too. We were not together 41 years as you were, but the time we had together was the best of my life. We had total unconditional love for each other and were planning our future together. He was young and healthy, his death was an unexpected tragic shock that has left me alone, sad, scared, and wanting soooooo badly for him to visit me for comfort and closure.

We were both very spiritual but had very different opinions on the afterlife, that we talked about often. We promised each other whoever went first would come back in a way there would be no doubt.

The truth: He has not come back, at least not that I know of like we promised each other. This has lead to a lot of extra sadness and thoughts of an afterlife that scare me. I found this forum in a search for grief forums, but reading here is just reminding me that all anyone really has is opinions to answer our questions, not facts supported by evidence.

It's painful for me not knowing what's really out there for us after death. So many questions, so little answers and pretty much no solid, concrete evidence.

And it's painful reading some of these replies to your questions (and my same questions), stated as fact when they are really just opinions; that our Love's have already forgotten us, moved on, and don't care to ease our pain by returning, even if just briefly, when we know in our hearts they would NEVER do that to us.

The best I can do for myself to get through each day now is try my best to hold back the tears as I focus on the wonderful memories we made together and HOPE there is something after death that will allow us to reunite. Some evidence to support afterlife claims would also really help, A LOT.

I am asking questions myself to a poster here who claims to have a connection to the afterlife spirit world, and hope he has answers that involve evidence and scientific theory to back the claims.

There also seems to be a few people here who claim to be mediums. Maybe they will find it in their hearts to help us and make contact with our Loves so we can both get the peace in our hearts we desperately want. Mediums: Would you please help us?

I can't be intellectually dishonest with myself and just believe all these claims made about afterlife and our loved one's without evidence and scientific theory to support. I'm not sure I will ever find my peace. But I hope whatever your journey will be now for you, Marymartina, that you will find what you're looking for to help with your grief. I wish you the very best.