View Single Post
Old 20-02-2011, 11:02 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthprowler
I'm really sorry for the loss of your friend.

I have had people in the past that I had lost contact with over the years. I noticed that before I found out about them passing I would have a memory of something to do with them pop into my head. Something we did, a place we went, ect.......

what memory did she give you? or what made you think of her?

I remember her moving in across the street from where I grew up; we became friends within a year. She knew I was gay before I told her. She moved to the next town, then I moved out of state. We were out of touch for a while because my mother didn't like her, but we had a reunion back in 1991 and had been in touch for years. I don't know what it is, but over the past few years I've had this longing to reach back to people I once knew. In some cases I've learned it's best to leave well enough alone (I've had a few people forget, or say they didn't remember me). She passed on 2/7, and my birthday was last Tuesday. I'd been wanting to get back in touch with her for some time, especially the two times I moved back to PA (but didn't live back in my original area).