View Single Post
Old 15-02-2012, 05:07 AM
CatChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Heart
I am so afraid of death that when I think about it my mind throws itself into flurries, my stomach knots, and I break down into a panic attack.

I've had this fear since I was 13, I am now 23. It haunts me no matter how much I try to ignore and escape it.

I am terrified of the idea of "forever" and I'm also afraid that when I die I won't exist at all. I'm afraid of never seeing my children or my husband again.

So many unknowns, it terrifies me and I don't know what to do to become at peace with the idea of dying.

One of the sciences behind our existence is the electricity of our life force. We are electrical among other things, and that is a fact. When you think of what happens to electricity when you turn off a light switch, you're reminded that it doesn't just disappear. Rather it takes on another form be it that of even it's sheer potential to return again to bring light to a room. It changes into another direction of electrical energy. It is simple. You will not just go away. You can't- it doesn't make any logical sense to me. I hope you can find some comfort in that, I know I did when I was younger and thinking about what my mortality would be like.