View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 09:06 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47
From the beginning of man--all not living now have died. This is the first death, it is not permanent--There is a ressurection promised-- Those that fail entrance into Gods kingdom go into the lake of fire= the second death--this is permanent.= everlasting.
The teachings in the NT of a place of eternal torment is symbolic. for the following.

Every one thrown into the lake of fire will miss each new dawning day in Gods kingdom and be cut off from Gods love--that will never end. Its likened to eternal suffering.

Ok. Thanks for that I understand the context now... slightly different from my childhood churches teachings-
Fire has often been referred to as a purifying force before. My feelings were that the lake of fire may symbolise a purifying force for souls.
When being baptised in fire in my spiritual experience... it was a purifying force.
Fire has been used in my country for thousands of years as a regenerative force.
As it was also probably used in agriculture during the time revelations was written.
So I wonder if this lake of fire is also more a renewing, purifying force for souls?
Perhaps eternity means that the purifying force is eternal??
Once the soul has been thrown under the bus and into the lake of fire they are eternally purified... Lol... I live in hope - for all my brothers and sisters.

It is difficult to fathom so many souls being eternally burned though - that would create alot of pollution for new earth just kidding.

In seriousness though I find it very sad to think all my brothers and sisters might burn forever. I suppose that is why there is motivation to try and save souls if this is ones belief.
For me though the thought translates into making me want to send a great burst of love energy out instead.
What happens to souls on earth (such as my own) which find God's love, grace and peace within this lifetime on earth even if they are not Christian's?... I believe in Jesus and even feel his love in my heart but I am not anything religious wise (I used to be a christian and I still draw spiritual richness from my Christian roots).
Pretty much everyone I know in my social circle also in this category are atheists but they all appear to be living with the spirit of love- God - at home with the spirit.... it seems quite a terrible waste to burn those souls... they would have so much to share in God's kingdom.