View Single Post
Old 26-07-2017, 06:11 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scommstech
I do sympathise with you. Of all the forums and post that I have read (not that many actually)yours are the most logical and constructive I've seen. I find it hard to imagine you with any "mental" problems.

Thank you. Some of the most logical, insightful, intelligent & interesting people i have come across in my journey through life have been in the 'mental health system / community /areas'. Not to say that all 'madness', & what comes under mental health is the same, as it isn't. Anyone can suffer with forms of psychological & emotional distress, regardless of their intelligence levels.

For many years, some 12 years since the last major psychotic episode, it's Not felt primarily like a problem within my brain / thinking, Not to say that in part it isn't, But by far the bigger issue for me has been what i feel on a far deeper / core emotional level, which i feel very physically within my body, especially the heart area. & what i have perceived as difficulties, & the way that i have been / am effected by it all, within my overall life circumstances, & ways this society / civilisation is in general.

Quote:
From what I can gather many people who suffer this way have dabbled in areas best left alone. But this in itself gives a clue as to some cause and effect. If "mental" activity can cause something then mental activity can undo it.

i think that there are different weightings & combinations within different cases of biological, psychological, sociological & spiritual / transpersonal areas implicated. Mind, body, soul, spirit & environment is all effected, & i feel that it all needs to be seen & understood within such a whole person sense.

Quote:
After reading Quantum's descriptions of how the brain functions and how the "wiring" connect and disconnect due to thought activity, I can only presume that many schizophrenics will have similar wiring problems irrespective of the root cause.

i certainly don't deny various potential biological processes within aetiology & prognosis. i am Not sure if that is the primary issue in all cases? Different cases are likely different & that many 'things' come under what is classified under the psychoses / schizophrenia. Part of the problem is that it's Not known. There are a myriad of endless theories & writings on what comes under the psychoses, from biological, psychological, sociological & spiritual / transpersonal perspectives (& combinations of those areas).

From a broader view than the materialist / mind is brain paradigm, imo a lot is psychogenic. This view has lost a lot of favour with current mainstream biomedical psychiatry / society.

It's the nature & content of some of my experiences, especially the first episode that i find impossible to fully shift & resolve, as to me it was in ways true, Not just that is was true from the pov of it was what i actually experienced, But that i see in essence some kind of visionary truth to it all. & so i can't & haven't been able to forget or reprogram it all, nor come to a deeper resolution of it all. At best there is more of an acceptance & a 'playing of the Game'. i also see a lot of the nature of my experiences as having been 'beyond the mind', & so i don't really see any answer or solution to it all at a purely cognitive / mind / intellectual level.

As with a major area of psychiatry & psychology; the phenomenological, how do others really understand the subjective experience of others? All people really have to go on is the observed presenting speech & behaviour, & then making assumptions / conclusions based upon their own knowledge & perceptions. i think that in many ways this is a major part of the problems / issues within all this area.