View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 02:03 PM
Master
Psychic energy, physical health, and mind/body duality

I guess the body and mind is something that lives together, and I have certainly found in my life that too much going on in the brain reflects in the body's health. Even though one may say that mind/body duality is a myth, the attention one pays to the physicality and/or their intellect is still relevant.

I have swung my attention from doing intense meditations, to becoming more intellectual, to working mostly on physical health, but to find a great balance is harder that it may seem. I suggest whatever aspect that anyone neglects will fall into disarray, and then it will demand attention. Like one who neglects the body will end up with a health condition which draws their attention to it, and similarly, if one neglects their spiritual dimension, it loses integrity, and then requires attention.

Perhaps the trick is to be more sensitive to which aspect of the lifeform requires attention, and thus, one spreads their attention more evenly, taking care of the whole scope of themselves, rather than giving special attention to one aspect to the neglect of another.