View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 12:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I think it happens that we don't really have a choice of letting go because, for me, I recognise a story as a story so it has no truth in it for me to believe, and even though it might be well ingrained in my conditioning, it is recognised, like, 'this is one those stories I have been conditioned with'. I might see it as futile if it does me no good or it holds me back, so I don't want it anymore and I stop investing myself in it. To me there's no point trying to make it stop, as why did I think it in the first place if I didn't want to think it? Why think it and then try not to think it, right? Better to recognise it for what it is and leave it as it is. Then it 'comes to light' in that recognition and can pass as it will inevitably do. There is no point putting up a fight and developing a habit of fighting inside - which is the basic problem in the first place. Better to stop that fight and leave ugly things to their own devices, so they can pass as they will without creating more raucous than what already might be the case.

I became aware of letting the story go as an individual cessation point meaning the conditioned self story as a whole package. So that was my turning point to not so much not to entertain it, but more my body didn't need to entertain it anymore. It was easier for me more because I had released each aspect of myself more consciously deep into the story of each part. By the time the old story as a more "whole point of recognition came up" I had ended the war on it over the depth of release prior to that point. In some ways that made me more at peace with things more complete in me. I suppose you could say I am more in clear feeling mode and I have no reason to react in my world now. I do know that once the culmination of the old story ceased that was a turning point of balance in me which allowed for this to transpire.

Quote:
In me there is another who is just the same as me, so what they do is felt in it's effect on me. I don;t become overly concerned with it because it always comes back to me being at peace with myself, in my sensational experience. The problems are never 'because of them'. The problems are always my own reactions to how I am affected. I have to deal with the average male tempers because males are raised to be angry and aggressive, but it's all in me and has almost nothing to do with anyone else. That's how I 'live with myself' by which I mean live with the ego reaction I refer to as 'me, my, mine and I'. I recognise it's all a bid reaction, and that's where I just surrender it because I see it as the imaginary thought it is. Then I notice how its 'reality' is only sensations rising in my body, and there's usually no use adding a lot of stories about these.

Yes adding to the mix would amplify the whole scenario or have it linger longer. So its good to be more aware of oneself in this way.

Quote:

I'm one who has almost no problem with others, and I understand we need to have these blocks until we're strong enough to open those doors, otherwise we'd be flooded with things we couldn't cope with and seriously unbalance to mind. A lot of people have this on both ends of the scale of traumatic emotional contents and also opening up with energy flows. That's why mindfulness is a very particular thing... for that finer balance of awareness with equanimity. I guess that's what 'staying grounded' is. People still have to accept their particular limitations, though. In spiritual discourse it is popular to say 'there are no limitations', but it's better to see when you lose that stillness so you come to know where limitations lie. It's more honest, so meditation constantly returns to the ethical foundation.

Yep I get it and I like how and what your sharing here.

Quote:
Yes. The social world is manifested from human thought, so where people are largely distracted they create things in the world to distract themselves. Now days with all the electronic media people don't really see what is around them, so we have many becoming very highly distracted. On the other hand, a wave of spiritual awareness seems to be sweeping the world - maybe because people feel so distracted from themselves they start to want to discover themselves just as much.

Yep very true. I think that is why those more spontaneous "out of one's normal comfort zone" end up shaking people up a little more to want to know what it all means so they seek out something to resolve that sudden onset of something new and weird or out of this world. If we are so distracted from the inner world, it has to hit home eventually I guess.

Quote:

True. In humanities I usually found it was enough that I was there, and often there was no point trying to solve people's problems. I found people sort their stuff out just because they can talk it through without anyone trying to find a solution, giving advice, trying to fix it. It enables them to talk it through and organise their thoughts a bit. Then they have ideas about where they want to go from here, which means they see themselves and their life path a little clearer - and then I might be able to give a few options which I could assist with. It has to come from them, so all I do is provide a space, and when they have their ideas, let them know what options are available so they might choose one direction or another. I mean it is their life to live, and I have no say in that.

Yep I have learned the art of staying present and listening to the space outside of me just by being more open and aware in myself. I try not to put people in "one size fits all" either, but certainly understanding the all as they are as each individual, allows me to listen and not determine how they are as my way. The way will be shown by simply being open to many ways and the way in which people are choosing to be. Its all in the listening as I see it.

Quote:
Sure, going deeper into the body is pretty much the way forward, and it will go on subtler and subtler, dissolving the physical solidity into such a dynamic myriad. We can notice when we feel the details of a solid body sensation that it is made up of millions of tiny subtler sensations. The over all solid feeling seems to last a long time, but the detailed collage of tiny sensations that make it up are changing very very rapidly. When the senses become extraordinarily sensitive we don't live 'solid lives' so much, and the hard stuck places of the body dissolve into myriads of movement.

I like the way you have explained this, makes much sense to me and how I see the integration process deepening in this way.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder