View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 03:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkthinkthink
Hi!
I am confused by religion, I don't lnow which way to turn...there's so many! Does it matter if I even have a religion? Will I be punished for not having one or taking the time to look for on that suites me best?
The thing is with me is that as I'm confused by religion, I still know there's a higher power 'god' if you like, who smiles down on me when I'm singing along to myself as I ride my bike back home after a good day at wrk, a god who is there for me and I can feel all around (sometimes feels like 'he' is gone when having a hard time tho, which is odd but I feel 'him' more when things turn around for the better, which I guess is 'his' idea in the first place?) I have a very big concious and know right from wrong, like 'he's' there telling me the right path, sometimes I make wrong decisions like everyone else but all in all in all I'm a happy positve person, greatfull for the life I have, I stop and smell the flowers everyday, look up at the beautifull sky with thanks. I love this world and all the beautifull things in it. I try to be good as I can be and when I don't I'm my own worst judge on my wrong doings. So with all this in mind, saying as how I don't follow a religion will I be punished for this?

Thanks to all who answer and help
Peace

I'm pretty sure anyone can just be themselves and not be punished for it, and really, people are basically uncertain when it comes down to it... a sense of certainty really comes from self confidence and trust which develops through being honest with yourself and living with with self determination... so personal virtue based in truthfulness is key, I reckon.