View Single Post
Old 27-02-2013, 12:06 PM
Knower

Vegetarian + eating disorder

Hi all

I have been a vegetarian for 13 nearly 14 years. I have also been suffering with anorexia for the past couple of years.

I found out a month or so ago that I am pregnant, massive surprise! So my previous strict diet of no more than 800 calories a day went out of the window, much to my dismay. I had a crazy hunger which I had had all the while that I was restricting my diet but this time it is way beyond control.

Because of the inner battle I have had with my physical perception of myself, I am frightened to death of putting on any unneccessary weight! I have already gained quite a lot..from averaging a BMI between 14 and 16 to now having a healthy BMI of 19 so this gives a rough idea of weight gain.

I have been eating as much fruit as I can stomach (I hadn't eaten fruit for about 2 years!) and just generally trying to eat healthily. But I am struggling to create a balanced diet, that is low in fat but high in all neccessary nutrients. I still struggle with this obsession of wanting to be "unhealthy" and weigh next to nothing and to have a low BMI but I know this cannot happen whilst ever I am pregnant because baby is more important than my wants and preferences.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions on creating an ideal diet that I can stick to? I crave structure and order, so I like to eat at specific times. Any examples of diets would be much appreciated, or advice :)

Thank you guys, sorry for the long message!

Kis x