View Single Post
Old 11-05-2020, 04:09 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
There you seem to refer to going into altered states of consciousness, where you don't rely on your five senses, but on senses normally not accessible while in the awake state. There are people who believe that animals may use of them too.

Primitive men may have had access to those inner senses too, bot they got atrophied when human intellect substantially developed (Adam and Eve ate the fruit from the tree of the knowledge), and when human society took off, setting limits to independent individual perception and knowledge.

Thank you, its always interesting to find out where I'm being misunderstood, but i've still no idea why, ... which is even more interesting :-)

I suppose i am referring to an altered state of consciousness, but it's absolutely nothing mystical or to do with inner or deeper senses. Ah i think i see it:

There refers to "We believe to find peace of mind and be awake in the present moment we need a mental shift of perspective. We only rarely associate this shift of perspective directly with our senses and how we use them."

I realise now that what i wrote was very complicated and has double meanings - (i do try and always follow my guide "keepitsimple" - sorry) what i'm saying is : We don't only need a mental shift of perspective, it's NOT all in the mind.

As to the atrophied senses and Adam and Eve, i totally agree, but first they had to focus to pick the apple. Maybe the root of all good and evil is focussing (?).