View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 07:18 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
Joe MC - I don't know a whole lot about matters related to this sub-forum other than when I think of chi I think of Feng Shui. Arrangement of rooms, de-cluttering, placement of uplifting objects, plants and just letting in fresh new sunlight into a room all represent positive chi.

Living environments can make or break the level of positive chi that enters ones body. Nature restores positive chi, whereas living in a big crowded city too long can be draining because for one, the level of noise can contribute to negative chi as well as other people's energy can deplete ones chi.

What your saying seems obvious in a way but it far from so. Thanks for the insight, this is what i meant by alignment, aligning with life and letting it express itself in wholesome and friendly things and environments, as in feng shui. I lived in a fast moving and big City and it was difficult to keep up at times. Then just before i returned to Ireland I had an interview with Chime Rinpoche who was David Bowie's teacher at one time and I said i was thinking of leaving the 'Big Smoke' but i also said to him, (There's a Starman waiting in the sky lol, only joking of course),I can meditate easily in the city, its my cave, and he said no it's not easy. But on the other hand, you have that thing that the teacher Alan Watts said, " if you can't meditate in a boiler room you can't meditate.." So both these views seem contradictory in a sense ? What do you think ?

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Last edited by Joe Mc : 06-10-2016 at 08:23 AM.