View Single Post
Old 20-04-2016, 10:14 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
The scope of such a task is rather different, wouldn't you say? That concerns just the future tense. I will (to achieve something edifying to the soul) is about perseverance and motivated determination.

You see, (well, I won't "argue" beyond this) your logic fails. The intent isn't what you're doing now. Believing you've already written a list of best sellers is an empty gesture. The intent is that you will across a span of time write best sellers but you haven't done it yet. You won't get far sitting there saying "I am a famous author." because you aren't. At that stage you're purely a thinker.

This LOA stuff works in limited applications. If I wanted to become a famous concert pianist, believing I'm that, now, is plain silly. I'd have to be able to play some pretty technically / artistically complicated music, which I can't as at today. If I could I wouldn't need LOA - except possibly to convert the skills into fame.

One of the guys I sometimes play music with is going bald. He doesn't want that and spent a year believing a) that he wasn't bald and b) therefore, that the LOA would work. He finally gave it up as bunk. It didn't work. Another friend did use it successfully to get herself skinny, probably because it needed just a change of behaviour, not physiology.

As Walter Cronkite would say....and that's the way it is.

We seem to have very different views on the law of attraction.

My analogy was to highlight the difference between the commands to the universe (the child).
Deliberate creation is about 'fooling' the universe into thinking that there is a disparity between what is meant to be there (your belief) and what is actually there (reality), the universe then sets in motion events (or inspires actions) to make the belief and the reality match.

Your examples are nothing to do with the law of attraction, because they miss a vital part - belief. To manifest requires a belief, belief that you are a virtuoso pianist, belief that his hair will grow back, actual belief, not just saying it, actually believing in your heart that it is true. The reason why it has not worked in your examples is because conditioning (hair pun) from birth has led you to believe that these things can't happen. These are limiting beliefs or blocks.
The blocks need to be removed before the manifestation can happen.

The conventional pianist is told from an early age that it is hard to be a concert pianist, that it requires dedication, practice etc etc. So, over the years of practice their mind's eye view of themselves becomes a belief that they are a concert pianist, but it is all really a confidence trick. They have cultivated the belief over the years, but as Gok Wan says "It's all about the confidence".

Take a look at quantum jumping, Burt Goldman, he is basically proof of this theory. What he does is similar to astral travel, he goes into a trance/meditive state and journeys to a parallel existence in which he meets a version of himself that is adept at the skill he wishes to posses (an artist for example). He then takes on their energy/vibrative state and brings it back with him to this reality.
He has used this technique for a number of skills, despite only starting this technique in his 70s.
It is interesting viewing/reading about him.