View Single Post
Old 13-07-2017, 10:04 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcopyinc
If you can find which one you questioned I will explain if it has validity. If it doesn't I will definitely agree.

What I know and have learned was not from Mrs. Hicks. I just recognize from her quotes she is a master at manifesting.

But I don't hold anyone's words to be truth I only hold what I believe to be truth and by way of keeping an open mind that is always subject to change by trying to understand another's logic. Otherwise I would still be thinking my life is a result of bad luck and misfortune.

This morning my starter wouldn't engage and start my car. Had two minutes to leave. But I didnt get upset. I calmly popped the trunk got out a tool and fixed the car in two minutes. I carried no thoughts of being late. I experienced the law working as I drove through every green light on the way to work. Clocked in just on time.

I could have got upset and said man I have terrible luck but didn't and my morning changed as a result to my non reaction or reaction to the situation.

I found it. I hope I can reconstruct the comments and responses. Bear with me, please.

= = = = = = = = = =
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
"Effort is not your friend. Effort is what you do when you don't believe. Trying is your indication that you're not going with the flow"

Abraham Hicks

Interesting food for thought.
= = = = = = = = = =
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Is that really a quote from this person - someone people feel worth quoting?

It seems a bit nonsensical. I really wouldn't want to go with the flow in the town where I spend most of my time. I'd be a druggie and drunk of a Friday and/or Saturday night ready to do whatever turns up. And make no effort to get up when I next woke up. Make an effort to start work so I can a) survive and b) do my bit for society by not being a burden? No thanks, Mr Hicks says.

In fact, effort is something you make when you do believe...that what you're aiming to do is worthwhile. How come he arrives at his conclusion? Weird.

Certainly practices that lead to spiritual growth do take effort and self-discipline. So if that's his reckoning I think I'll pass, if I may.

== = = = = = = = = = = = =
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Yes, it does...it is the opposite of what we have been led to believe;the 'worldly thought system'.
There is a different thought system we know you do not agree with.
I welcome you to take that quote and start a new topic with it.
It would be a good one.
This is really just for quotes rather than discussion.
I mean no offense, just the way the thread is...'quotes'.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Could be noise in the channel I suppose causing a problem. Following that statement could lead to deterioration.