View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 06:48 AM
Experiencer

Hey there!
Yes they can be bemusing sometimes... First I don't believe it matters what you use for a pendulum, an old nut and bolt on a bit of string still works as good as a 'real' one! For years I used a metal tip off of an old ball point pen that just had the right shape... Start by just asking for yes/no answers to see what the response is just to tune in to the process.
Yes they will tell you what you want to hear if you can't detach yourself sufficiently from the question, which yes is a hard thing to do most times. To get around this, I keep a stack of regular playing cards with my tarot cards, if I need a yes, no and it's something a bit personal like that, I assign a black card for no, and a red card for yes. Shuffle them a bit and put the face down, ask which card is the answer to the question. Also a cool thing to do is combine the tarot cards and the pendulum, that way it picks out the cards for you, this seems to be outrageously successful...
As a bit of an exercise, grab some food items out of the fridge and lay them out on the bench. Go over each one one at a time and ask if this item of food is healthy or unhealthy for me today, just empty your mind of expectations, don't even look at it if it helps, and just see what it starts to do....
Good luck!