View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 08:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
Thank you Deusdrum. You are right about the importance of the hands and feet, and making sense to take good care of them for many reasons. You don't realize how important even the smallest part is, such as a thumb until you don't have the use of it. I had my hand in a cast and didn't realize how much one needed the use, particularily of the thumb, until it wasn't being used, temporarily for me. I was so happy to get that cast off !

Yes, I too, was amazed about how long reflexology has been practiced. I wonder why it is that we don't hear more about it ? hmm, conflict with the medical doctors and their treatments ? Would be so nice if some of these practices would work together with one another, don't you think ?

Thumbs are important for sure. Their opposibility ( i dont think thats a word..) Hope your thumb is in good health now.

Yeah it would be nice if the medical establishment could incorporate some tried and true "alternative" therapies. I think there is a sort of arrogance to how the structure is set up, as if doctors and hospitals have some sort of authority over health. Obviously not always the case, but even the mentality that a doctor automatically knows what's best for his patient is somewhat misguided, imo. Of course it depends upon the doctor, but a more equal relationship would be beneficial.

A doctor once asked me if i was still having trouble getting to sleep. I said no, i was sleeping fine at night. So i had my checkup, and at the end he wrote me up a prescription for some kind of medication for insomnia lol

I looked the medication up online when i got home, and read nothing but negative responses from people who had taken it, so decided to flush them down the toilet, which btw is i now understand the wrong thing to do, as it gets into the water system. (Maybe should have occurred to me from the beginning that probably wasn't a good idea.)

Anyways, i am now considering maybe giving myself some foot massages. Love a good foot bath also. Good to keep those extremities warm i think. Also want to try an acupuncture session. I know a girl in town who does it, would like to see what it does, what its all about exactly. My friend seemed to think it was pretty good.