View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
You may or may not know the answer to this andy but via what process did Nisargadatta undertake to reach such a conclusion.

The false self or the I am identity must of been "realized" for what It Is whether It had "dissolved" or been "destroyed" or just had "Fallen away"

In order for Nisargadatta to know what Is the natural state prior to be-ing conscious of the self Identity means that he knows what he Is not..

A realization of this must have been so.

There Is no light switch that can be turned on and off, It Is a gradual progression from be-ing In the dark to be-ing In the light so to speak.

Realizing what we are not Is part of the parcel, what we are not needs to be dissolved / destroyed or whatever.

Thanks for your kind words..by the way

And yes what does one do when there Is no-thing to do he he

Perhaps I won't know what to do (lol)

x daz x

Yes. You wont know what to do. Thats the point. The reason is that there is no belief in 'one' who knows what to do. Thats why its a state of 'trust'.

In self-realization we dont realize what we are or what we are not. We realize that there is no-one TO realize what we are or what we are not and therefore the whole finding/realizing thing has been a tragically silly game, yet one that is still perfect and that we have had no choice about,.

Oh, I think Nisargadatta focused on 'I am' for a couple of years as much as he could. If you want to carry on with the work then its none of my business daz, I still love ya for it. I just think that maybe youve done enough and the rest could take care of itself as it arises in each moment. Its up to you though. Unless its not. Okay, I think Ive said enough for now....