View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 02:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Actually there is no truth, just beliefs.

We live in a dualistic realm. Here there is no "oneness", and there's no use pretending otherwise.
There is also the difference between 'believing something' and 'knowing something' - one usually leads to the other, but also 'truths' can be 'self-evident' as Thomas Jefferson said.

So, to you, I am 'pretending' but to me I am 'not pretending' who therefore is 'right' and who is 'wrong' in this scenario?

Of course, you believe that you are correct, being that there is no truth, just 'beliefs' (which may be correct or incorrect according to the nature of 'duality') and of course, I know I am correct, based upon individual spiritual experience which transcends everything I personally 'believe in'.

So, you may then decide to call me 'delusional' or say 'I am ignorant/know nothing'...but to me, that would be your ego fighting to assert its dominance and superiority according to your own beliefs, which may/not be 'true' because you don't believe in a unity of consciousness transcending duality.

Then, I would say "that's fine, I know what I do, you believe what you do...everybody is different"...but your ego will still not be satisfied with that, will it? and so you will scour the internet, looking for people who agree with you and provide a hundred links to say that "duality only exists...there is no "oneness/Brahman" because those people hold the same 'beliefs' you do...and so it then becomes what is called an "argumentum ad populum" and of course, I could do the same for those on the opposing side of the fence and we could argue back and forth if God 'exists' or not for an eternity, because it cannot be proven either way and yet, the 'scientific belief' is the one which prevails as it appeals to the human ego or the 'rational mind' that most people think is 'them' in totality.