View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 06:55 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by asisu
My sister is 38 and has 2 nearly full grown sons. She has been wanting a daughter for a long time and has finally successfully become pregnant after many failed tries. Although its sex has not been confirmed, she is attaching on the idea that it will be a girl and everyone else predicts so as well. I know I should not worry, but she is also very verbally abusive and has explosive anger which she has inherited from my father. I am certain she will ruin that child's self esteem, as she has with mine (I have finally managed to heal and repair the pain that was left from my childhood and teen years).

Here's my question, can anyone give me any advice or suggestions with mentoring a child in a spiritual manner? I will not be forceful,of course. I just want be to someone who can give them spiritual advice that would have been immense help when I was a child.

Your next step is, candidly, being forceful with the individual verbally in return. It's a sad fact, but peace is met with peace and war.. It's met with war. Explain to her the error in her ways. Sit her down and give her examples of her mistakes, make her see where she has done wrong. Then show her where's she done right.. She is a human being and allowed to be however she is... But you need to make her see the best course for her unborn child.

Your other option is to give her an incentive to remove the child from her care via financial gain or other bonuses to allow you to raise the child upon it's birth. As far fetched as it sounds, most people with an outer exterior of verbal/physical abuse is very susceptible to bribery. This may be your best option if you have it available.

If either of the two fail.

Let the baby be born, file for custody discretely and visit her often. Whilst doing this, contact Social Services. Instruct them this is a guise to covertly show a misconduct. The child-services system will take care of the rest.