View Single Post
Old 11-06-2014, 10:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyth Von Gore
No. We do not manifest situations nor do we attract situations. That is a very outdated belief that places blame on victims of horrible situations.
That's true. It's but one part of the equation though. The OP is essentially asking about manipulation of spirit (energy) on the mental plane. We do this all the time, and many of the threads here are really just about peoples' unconscious and semi-conscious and sometimes-conscious explorations in that regard.

For simplicity's sake and because I'm not an ascended master capable of conscious manipulation of spirit (although I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night!), let's look at it from a practical everyday POV. When I was younger, I "manifested" stupid people around me. How did I do that? Was it new-age magic? No, it had to do with my life outlook and attitude. I felt spiritually superior to people and considered most individuals to be spiritually unconscious. And voilĂ , I kept running up against and butting heads with these stupid spiritualists I found myself surrounded by: that I had manifested in my life via my beliefs and mental projections. No, they didn't manifest by magically dropping out of the sky, nor was it my karma or anything like that. Nevertheless, there they were.

The key was understanding how they actually got there, and why they were there in my life - and also realizing they weren't in fact stupid - and then doing something about it. For me, doing something meant examining and changing my life outlook.