Thread: Eid Al Adha
View Single Post
Old 16-09-2016, 05:58 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 002 Cents
I have my own beliefs around the matter and have always found halal slaughter to be admirable and preferable. Why? Because they say a blessing for the animal in it's passing for starters. Death is something we each experience in our own way. But I have always considered life and death to be sacred even for animals. As a child I felt compelled to stop and say a prayer for every dead animal I crossed paths with. It seemed to undignified lying flattened and forgotten in the street. As though it was nothing more than a piece of debris. So naturally, a method of slaughter that takes into account the fact that this life to deserves a blessing in its passing would appeal to me more. As far as how they slaughter... from my perspective it is better that the spirit is able to realize it is moving on with a minimal amount of trauma, respect and regard for that creatures life. Slitting the throat is a way that allows the animal to acknowledge it is crossing over. The animal is then drained of it's blood through that slit and the product you end up with is extremely clean.

I am not against eating animals for food I am however for ethical farming practices which take into account the quality of the creatures life as opposed to the very narrow scope on purely those brief moments before death which account for a mere fraction.

As far as people who don't have refrigerators, it is fairly common in some parts of the world. Not a matter of wealth. I once knew a woman from Afghanistan who grew up without a refrigerator. It may be difficult for us to imagine but for them it is a way of life that they are very apt to thrive in...but also... It seems you are pulling for straws with this point as we all know there are other methods for handling meat that will preserve it for consumption on a long term.

well said...
"And when the waves overwhelm them like the dark shadows they call upon Allah for help with pure devotion and when He brings them safety, some of them still doubtful and none denies Our clear signs but every very perfidious very ungrateful one.."