Thread: Eid Al Adha
View Single Post
Old 15-09-2016, 11:53 PM
Super Moderator
Whatever religion or belief system we decide to follow, we know in our Hearts that no spiritual leadership would ever demand "rivers of blood" from sacrifices of another sentient Being.
Any leadership/ 'priesthood' which demands such things is controlling others through mind-control and superstition. It is not new. It has been going on since early times.

Those who are capable of thinking, will by their choices and their actions, seek to change such things, and bring a new awareness.

Giving to the poor (as the dear Knight mentioned) is a valuable option, and does more good.

Imagine someone destitute...how they would appreciate a gift given kindly by someone they don't even know during the festival of Eid?

I was once given a gift by a devout Muslim during the festival of Eid. We talked a little while, and he gave me a gift. It's not the place to go into that story here but it is one of the blessings of my life which I shall never forget....or that kind man....or the help that small gift gave me at the time.