View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 07:46 PM
Experiencer
I had this sensation for the first time when I was 14. I had fallen asleep and started having a “dream” that I was walking in a parking lot that I knew well. I tripped in the “dream” and had that falling sensation. It felt like I fell into my body, even though at the time I didn’t know one could leave one’s body. I discussed it with my friends at the lunch table the next day and one boy said, “that’s astral projection,” and a few others agreed.

In your original post, you said it is common to feel fear associated with the experience. That wasn’t the case for me. I thought it was exhilarating, and so I sought to build a knowledge about it. Unfortunately this was 2001 and google wasn’t what it is now. Ha ha. I did some exercises I discovered on the limited Internet of the time to try to make it happen on my own for a couple of years but without success. Around the time I gave up, I started having sleep paralysis and it took 7 years or so before I discovered the link. And I had a LOT of sleep paralysis. Like I saw a neurologist about it and lost a lot of sleep worrying about it. Once I made the discovery, however, I began APing but without the falling sensation...perhaps because I willfully leave my body when I spontaneously have SP?

In any case, I did enjoy the sensation a lot and it is most likely the reason I began to AP in the first place.

Great thread, Lynn. :)