View Single Post
Old 14-04-2019, 06:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain95
Buddha said to move from being into non-being? Where? Can you provide a link? I would guess that is not from Buddha.

There is nothing nihilistic there. I think you are confused about the meaning of the word... here is the definition: Nihilistic - rejecting all religious and moral principles in the belief that life is meaningless. I am asserting the religious and moral principals Buddha and others taught, that to live without asserting person is the goal Buddha taught. Not only does it lead to no conflict within and without, it gives meaning to life. To project those spiritual qualities that are an inherent part of consciousness itself.

I think maybe you are using the word "nihilism" to mean rejecting becoming.... but Buddha rejected becoming as well. He said "being" not "becoming" thus why that author you posted seems very far from Buddha...they said to move to non-being....

Now calling just being an easy route as you are applying "doing nothing" conceptually, when one gives up becoming mind, but see is it easy to drop desire? To drop seeking? To drop the seeker? To drop person? No this is not an easy task. It takes an insight into self in this now moment that transforms the self.

Remember the opposite of doing is not not doing, both involve the one doing or not doing. The opposite is no "doer" and that requires a very high degree of disciplined awareness in this now moment. It requires right effort.

Yeppers, when one first sits to observe the breath as it is, seeking ends with 'this is how it is'. No doing. Just the way nature is doing it. No me, my, mine nor I.