View Single Post
Old 26-03-2020, 02:54 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritKitty
I’ve been fascinated by mirrors since I was very little. I don’t remember if I heard stories, or saw something on television, but somehow, I came to learn about a mirror’s potential as a gateway to another place. Whether it was the spirit world or a world where everything was opposite, I was obsessed. I’d spend a lot of time staring into them, looking for something unusual or trying to catch my reflection doing something it wasn’t supposed to. I had a collection of pocket mirrors that I would set up to create intricate labyrinths of reflection.

A few years ago, I dated someone who claimed to have owned a haunted mirror. They were now very afraid of old mirrors, but I am crazy about old stuff in general.

I started researching ways to “un-haunt” a mirror. I was surprised there wasn’t a lot of information on mirrors.

So, what do you know about mirrors? Anything is welcome. Their use in scrying, as portals, hauntings, their power, anything. Firsthand, secondhand, read it in a book, even just theories.

I had heard a long time ago that a ghost can become trapped between two mirrors. Recently I saw a video about making a “Devil’s toy box”. Not something I can imagine anyone being brazen enough to do, but it did give me an idea. More on that latter...��

The image in the mirror, like everything else you see, is not in the mirror, but in your mind. From a classical perspective, light striking the mirror hits the rods and cones on your retina and activates a neuron, but the optic nerves just provide the brain with a digital signal. It is the brain that reads the signal, compares it to past optic nerve signals, other past and present sensory input, native brain structures, and then creates a virtual reality within the mind from this information that you experience as reality "out there". The ghost one "sees" in the mirror, just like the face, are illusions created by the brain to represent reality, realities "out there", and realities within. Usually this created reality is based on a comparison to past neuronal firing patters of the optic nerves...etc, but not always, and the brain/mind can add whatever it wishes to create in the scene. Which is why one may see a ghost while another may not. So the haunting is not in the mirror, but within the mind looking into it. Where it originates from and what it may signify is a question whose answers lie within that mind. The ghost may or may not be "real", but either way, what is experienced as reality, is created by and lies within the mind of the viewer. Which is probably the best place to start looking if one wants to understand it.