Thread: Guilt
View Single Post
Old 23-02-2020, 12:41 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
As far as I know Christianity is the only religion which accepts that its subjects are guilty. The premise of guilt - confession - forgiveness - and redemption is exclusive to Christianity.

Christians by nature accept that they are guilty. They offer remorse and penitence to God and hope that God forgives them.

I fall into this camp. I can feel my guilt or imperfection in my bones.

I find the idea that "everything is as it should be" ludicrous. Was the holocaust "everything as it should be"? Is that what murder is too? People will say it is simple cause and effect - but to me it is far too serious to be explained by natural law.

To me I am guilty of sin. Most Christians accept the same premise. My only concern is that Jesus did not ADMIT that he is guilty too. He implied that He is perfect. That is my niggle with Jesus; He is too clean in many ways.

Does Jesus repent? Does Jesus confess? Perhaps not. This is why I still seek a higher power. God really ought to know that He is imperfect or guilty. He ought to know that He sins.

Christ did not seem to know this and therefore the whole cycle is repeated.
"I can feel my guilt or imperfection in my bones."

To me, guilt and imperfection are very different concepts. You seem to be equating them here..?