View Single Post
Old 27-06-2019, 05:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Yesterday I had become overwhelmed by the expectations of my job and become anxious and stressed over it all, so I went outside and looked at a tree. Nothing special, energies and the like, but because I took a spell from keeping up with the pace, and stopped just to look at something, the frantic energy I had built up dissipated, and after a while, I realised how long it had been since I thought about my problems - and really, I couldn't figure out why I had been distraught in the first place. Even though my circumstances had not changed at all, same pressures, same problems, all just the same, the way I was changed and went from high tension to 'whatevs'. In essence, I had simply stopped imagining and started looking and then I was seeing it 'as it is'.

My story here is not special. There are no amazing things in it. It's just a stressful day at the office and how it really didn't need to be. I had no special energy experiences or anything like that, just ordinary daily things, but it comes back to fundamental principles of Buddhist meditation, to be aware, and see it 'as it is'.

Cool.

Life gets fast and we are the ones that have to slow down.

The simplicity of skills found, to find balance tend to come through from the complexities of ourselves and life around us.

I know aware people who still drink heavily and chain smoke to cope with the frenetic nature of their lives.

Sadly our vices sometimes layer over what could well be managed the way you show.

I think your experience will be helpful to others in your workplace.

In the end it all comes back to balance and being in the world but not of its race, pace, stress. A straight shooting friend of mine, says all we need to do is breathe, consciously helps at times..��