View Single Post
Old 19-07-2018, 01:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
Hi Daz,
I think you misunderstood my point, its ok, it wasn`t obvious. I meant that when someone hurts us, personally, We should ask ourselves `What part of me has been hurt`? If someone upsets us or talks about us behind our backs, or judges us, what part of ourself is it that feels this hurt? When we truly examine it, the thing that is hurt, is our ego, the sense of self. Realising this and understanding that this isn`t the real `you` it is just a perception of self we have all created that `feels` the hurt, allows us to realise that in reality, there is no `thing` there to be hurt. Thus by disassociating from the human ego , we can start to experience less suffering.
regards
Pete

Ah I see Pete, haha .. thanks for clarifying . I thought you just carried on with where I left off regarding peeps who supposedly love everyone ..

I agree it's a worthy exercise enquiring into what part of you that has been hurt .

I think if you somehow dissociate what part of you has been hurt from what you are then the suffering would likely not effect you in the same way as before .

I wonder though how attainable doing that is for some it's likened to peeps suggesting don't worry be happy, well it's much easier said than done .

Another aspect of it is that the ego or a sense of self is very much part of you and to disassociate a part of that is perhaps at times just burying your head in the sand .

For some who have a strong healthy sense of self could feel initially feel hurt but then brush it off as something lacking in them rather than you .

This way one doesn't have to disassociate the pain felt ..

I think there are many ways to look and deal with suffering .

One more thing about the sense of self or the ego in regards to what part of you feels hurt is equally measured in reflection of which part loves another for one can equally suffer and love from the heart .

The heart that obviously is not normally associated with the ego but our sense of self has to recognise that which we love and that is only possible to do so via the ego .. ..

Perhaps as many would say all the mind is ego, everything we love is via the ego to some degree .

It's the same scenario as the truth thread .. at the end of the day it's all personal / relative .

x daz x