View Single Post
Old 26-05-2014, 10:33 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyth Von Gore
What exactly is that supposed to mean?

Inasmuch as in the event of misunderstandings (and in spite of what Baile has just said), it's difficult to sort things like this out amicably on these web forums.

Where in face-to-face you'd sort it out in half a minute, rephrase something, get accord or otherwise, shake hands (if necessary) and: "Hey, it's my round, what are you drinking?" - here, one is dogged by the stilted "dialogue" of successive posts, reliant on typescript ONLY and delays between responses, and worst of all, words.

Face-to-face, much more is communicated than just words. But here things like this drag on and on. And as new variables are added, even more discussion is necessary - hence my comment.

When Baile said -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
That's not a wrong statement, that's their belief. Whereas "The sun rises in the west" is a wrong statement. It's really quite easy as I see it. One can:

1. State their opinion.
2. Tell someone they're wrong.
3. Accuse someone of being ignorant.

If people simply stuck to the first option, there would be no need for moderators on these internet forums.
his recommendation might be improved with "If you must discuss, read a person's post carefully and avoid reading what isn't there."