View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 01:34 AM
FantasyNut

Not Sure What to Do...

First: I hope this was the right forum to put this in.
Anyway...
...I had a little background here that ended up being a brick wall. So I took the rather long TLDR and used that instead. I should just put my personal story in the my space or something. Oh well. Thanks all in advance for your help

TLDR: After certain events transpired earlier this year, I had a complete meltdown and worked it out. As I got closer to starting school again (I'm 20 and dropped out of my 2nd year, spring semester, at one university and transferred in to another this fall). I am definitely switching to a philosophy major from an ENG major, which I was never sure of in the first place (it was just easy to pick with my school background of math and science). What I don't know is if instead, I actually want to drop university after this semester (I like the classes I have now, but may drop the math one--I'm sick of math and science classes at school) and instead enroll at, preferably, an herbal school (I have been getting more and more interested in spending more and more time in nature and working with it partially being in an attempt to grow more spiritually by connecting with nature) or a general alternative health school (of which I actually have one in mind). I am also experiencing some trepidation about telling my parents as I know they will not take the news lightly or in a good way at all (esp. option #2).

Extra TLDR: Philosophy major or Herbalism/"Alternative" Health? How do I deal with my own fear of bringing this in front of my parents?

Honestly, I have my own thought of what I should do, but that fear of ridicule and possibly getting cast out may be holding me in place. I want to see what everyone has to say first though. I look forward to hearing from everybody.