View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 03:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
To me God is a someone. Above and beyond being a 'thing'. It occurred to me today that I see I AM as being a something. I'm not sure if I AM is a someone which is above and beyond being a thing.

Is I AM a someone or a something? It is described as consciousness, bliss, light etc. But this does not convince me it is a someone. It sounds like describing a thing.

The wonderful thing about Abrahamic religions is that they all see God as a BEING, a WHO, a SOMEONE. The Abrahamic God could not be described as a thing. He is full of personality & character. He is a person.

What do you reckon?

The 'I am ' is a state of pure consciousness, distinct from impure consciousness charecterised by desires in the form of cravings and aversions, that makes us perform unconscious actions.

God can be full of personality and character alright, but that does not mean he should have unconscious cravings and aversions and thereby commit rape, theft, lust,exploitation, gluttony, murder, foul speech, cruelty and so on.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon