Thread: No God
View Single Post
Old 20-10-2019, 07:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Who is bringing up desired states? We are talking about the systemic teachings of meditation. We are not talking about getting upset at a bad driver or coworkers for instance.

It is through meditation and then when it becomes one and the same with daily life that you can go with the flow of life.

You stop adding wood to the fire by doing the practices. You observe from a state realized by clearing away the obstructions by doing the practices.

By faster methods, tantra is often defined as a faster means.

A simple example is mindfulness. Do you stop once you can observe your thoughts in or out of meditation? Is that it? Nothing more to do? Nothing further to realize?

Let’s just stick within meditation for observing thoughts. What is next? Any refinement? Is it then a desire to go deeper something it sounds like you would consider a bad thing?

Now you are saying practices are sold, propaganda to the masses. If you believe so then you are not talking Buddhism but Gemism. You are selling your personal view, your personal views on practices and not that which is taught in any Buddhist tradition.

I’m not a Buddhist, I don’t do their practices but I am honest about it. You should be as well.

' Now you are saying practices are sold, propaganda to the masses '

Maybe some Ashrams do this JB but it wouldn't happen in a Buddhist Teaching Centre.... that's why it's important to be very careful who you learn/study with.