View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 07:30 AM
Ravenspirit

No. It's completely at odds with my idea of a loving Creator or Creators. The whole concept of Hell is one of the main reasons that major monotheistic religions just never did it for me. It's just totally illogical to me that a place like that should even exist. If "God" is ultimate LOVE then anyone and anything can be forgiven. A place like Hell would be anathema to a being like that. I can see someone being called on the carpet and being made to recognize and rectify their life's mistakes but forever exiled to Hell?

Nope.

The whole "original sin" thing it never made much sense to me. I don't see the need for saviors and all that. Either we're connected to the Divine forever or we're not and I definitely feel we are and that we cannot be disconnected. I think "Hell" is a mistaken belief that it can be otherwise. I think that "God" is so much a part of us that He/She/It exists in our genetic code. We're all bloody miracles just walking around every day. All the "proof" I need of the existence of something bigger than we are is the fact that I am here, the planet I live on, the universe it exists in. When humans can create a universe then they can talk to me about how there is no "God."

I think religion is just mythology, our half baked attempts to explain and define it all. I don't believe in much of that. But I do believe in a creator or creators. I don't believe the universe came to exist all on it's own. Hell? That's just humans and their religions trying to frighten people into submission, keep people in line.