View Single Post
Old 20-06-2020, 12:44 AM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Oh my gosh! I just came across this analogy in a Dennis Waite blog!

http://www.advaita.org.uk/discourses...ness_waite.htm

The ‘bottom line’ is that nothing matters. There is only the non-dual reality, the Self. The rest is only a wonderful, ever-changing manifestation – merely name and form of that same, unchanging, unmanifest reality; ever whole, ever complete, never two. This is the case regardless of whether or not the apparent person ‘realizes’ this truth. But it is also part of this marvelous, apparent creation that, occasionally, one of these ‘persons’ wonders about the nature of this reality and looks for understanding and self-knowledge. Traditional advaita provides a structured, reasonable and assured approach to gain this understanding, entirely within the context of this seeming manifestation.

One might argue that, whether or not this apparent person gains self-knowledge makes not the slightest difference to the reality – and one would have to concede that this is necessarily the case. Nevertheless, at the level of the seeming world of duality, it seems to make the most enormous difference to the ‘person’. It is the difference between the dreamer trapped in a nightmare that he erroneously believes to be true and the lucid dreamer who recognizes the dream for what it is and enjoys every minute.

Exactly!
Well, that's one perspective.

Another one is this. God is omniscient. That means all-knowing. Do you think then God just forgets?

As I explained it DOES matter. God KNOWS.

Just what the implications of this might be we can discuss - but things DO matter, that much is as clear as the sun in the sky.