View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 12:42 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
And so another member here brought to my attention that Anthony Bourdain has commit suicide. He just didn't appear to be 'depressed' or 'suicidal' which adds more credence to Greenslade's thoughts.

I didn't comment on your comments Greenslade but agreed with what you said wholeheartedly.
Thank you

The most important issue with suicide isn't with the fact that it happens but with people's attitudes towards it, even in a Spiritual forum where we're supposed to be 'making the darkness light' suicide is a very scary place, and a place that harbours all kinds of stigma and judgement.

Suicidal people are often the last to appear suicidal or depressed, often if someone is expressing suicidal thoughts then it's a cry for help and not an intention. People who are committed to an act of suicide often don't want any visible outward signs, and I'll use the word 'committed' because some people do become committed to carrying out the act. People who say they're suicidal are generally looking for a way out, that's why they're expressing it while people who are committed to carrying out the act don't want to be talked out of it.

Not only have I attempted it I've spoken to a few people who have done the same, and often there's an expression of it being the 'right thing to do'. Not despair, not escaping and not cowardice - just the right thing to do.

Perhaps suicide is the ultimate act of Free Will, perhaps it's the most liberated thing anyone can do because sometimes they've gone a long way past any fear of consequences.