View Single Post
Old 17-12-2020, 10:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
An interesting point is, HELL is not mentioned in the Hebrew Bible.

Jews did not believe in HELL...... neither did Jesus.

It should be noted that the Greeks believed in a HELL.

When the Hebrew Bible was translated from Hebrew to Greek, there were certain Hebrew words that did not have an equivalent Greek word. Instead of the word coming over as a share word, it came over, in many cases, as another Greek word which corrupted what was originally written in Hebrew.

' Jews did not believe in HELL...... neither did Jesus.'

He obviously DID believe in Hell according to,

Jesus Words About Hell and Eternal Judgment
The Gospel of Matthew.....

Matt 5:22 But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire.
Matt 5:29 If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
Matt 5:22, 29-30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
Mat 10:28 “And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Mat 11:23 And you, Capernaum, who are exalted to heaven, will be brought down to hell; for if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.
Mat 16:18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mat 18:9 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire.
Mat 23:15 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte, and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves.
Mat 23:33 Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell.

And many more examples in the NT. This article may help....

https://reasonsforhopejesus.com/jesus-say-hell/