View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 01:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Neti neti, meaning, "Not this, not this", is the method of Vedic analysis of negation. It is a keynote of Vedic inquiry. With its aid the Jnani negates identification with all things of this world which is not the Atman, in this way he negates the Anatman.

Anything identified (this, that) is not the ultimate reality. It's effect (object), not cause (Subject). Again, this line of inquiry goes back 5,000 years. Atman is Brahman. Thou art That.

Atman - True self.

Anatman - Non-self.

Brahman - the ultimate reality underlying all phenomena.

Brahman is the cause (subject). Everything else is just effect (objects).

Your true nature is Atman. Your body-mind is Anatman.

Objective reality is easily put into words. Atom, tree, chair, planet, star, galaxy, universe, amoeba, human, whale.

I'm not saying objective reality cannot be put into words, I'm saying the Subject of that objective reality cannot. That is Brahman (God).

Maybe it's better to spend a few hours of your time watching some lectures on non-duality instead of trying to get an explanation from me? The YouTube page I posted above is an excellent source.

What you are saying is an analogy for what I am saying. Brahman is consciousness that created the physical universe thus brahman/consciousness is the cause of everything, including animals, humans etc etc in the physical universe. but Brahman is also the objective non-duality reality, which you are able to perceive right now in the present moment. A person only perceives this brahman reality when said person is not thinking in terms of this or that is good or bad or negative and positive and by not thinking I like or dislike this or that-this is what causes duality in the first place and prevents us from perceiving the brahman reality (more information on the Brahman reality is below) Our true nature is Atman because consciouness animates our bodies and all living things humans, animals and plants with consciousness's 'life force' energy. What you call objective reality is reality for everyone, nomatter how someone perceives reality-subjectively or objectively. What I call objective reality is the non-duality Brahman reality and is based on the definition of objective, which is free from emotions and feelings. Calling something god seperates us from that god, thus creates duality, this is why I do not call consciousness god. So, yes the Brahman reality can be put into words, believing the brahman reality can't be put into words is limiting you, not me ,and I think that is sad and a shame.