View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 10:24 PM
Deactivated Account
Hello
I thought I'd share some of my experience of the course so far.

I've made my preliminary effort than read through week one.

Even reading the content and watching the videos is a mindfulness exercise in itself as my adhd brain gets so easily bored and distracted that I have to keep reminding myself to come back to the content rather then look at somthing random which captured my attention, like a crow or a mouse or a possum or the wind capturing the branches Lol.

There are three main categories of learning to participate in this week.

The body scan meditation is a little bit more comprehensive then the one I was doing in my own practice. I still always manage to fall asleep early on during meditation but the effects of my practice are still positive inspite of the fact that I fall asleep as soon as I stop moving lol. I often really seem to need that sleep anyway.

I learnt the true meaning behind the phrase 'coming to your senses' haha... Quite literally, it means tuning into your senses in any given moment.
I'm going to try to do this whenever I'm feeling overwhelmed in noisy environments where there are multiple sources of outside information to process. I often feel quite overwhelmed by all the different things going on in highly energised environments such as shopping centres..so. I think this exercise might help me remind myself that these sensations are not a threat to me which might help me to calm my nervous system.

There is also content in mindful eating which is cool as I was already beginning to look at my relationship with food.
I find eating a bit of an inconvenience, so I eat rather mindlessly yet hold onto weight even if I don't eat much.
So I'm looking forward to easing into the feelings and thoughts I have about nourishment.

I'm really enjoying the layout and content of this course, it's actually kind of fun.

Humans learn better when things are fun and I, sir or madam, am no exception.

Goodbye for now, dear readers!