View Single Post
Old 13-01-2018, 07:12 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
That sounds great! Glad to hear things are happening. Yes it does take time, the key seems to just be to keep on using our therapies and tools, and slowly things change. But I think some therapies can speed up recovery a little faster because they get to the heart of things, where the trauma is in the body, like the new therapies that are being used for developemental trauma that I mentioned.

Yes I try to find whatever works the best and use it. Also I've heard good things about Holotropic Breathwork and will probably try it soon. It's becoming more popular among therapists and seems to heal the deepest wounds. Also I think healthy, supportive relationships are powerful for healing, like with people who have been through alot of healing themselves. Also there's Neurofeedback which is having great results in studies, shown to be better than medication for PTSD, but may be too expensive for me right now.

I googled up on Holotropic Breathwork and Neurofeedback just now. You are right that the latter is expensive, since it uses an equipment (and a person trained to operate it). The breathing technique may be a more practical option for me too. I think I have been doing the breathing part already, as I do get releases like convulsion or trembling, yawning, very guttural exhalation, shedding tears, salivating, buzzing in the head, release of body heat, etc. But I didn’t try drawing or any kind of artistic expression after the breathing. Usually I sleep after the breathing maybe because my body needs to switch to a deeper level of relaxation to continue deeper repair work.

I find that sometimes my dreams are a release of emotions too, not negative or toxic emotions, but some things that I haven’t fully processed during my waking hours, my psyche processes them during my sleep. Those are not related to trauma, but because I become more and more lucid as I progress in my healing, I become more conscious of what my body is doing when I sleep.