View Single Post
Old 13-01-2018, 12:23 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanchain
Oh, it sounds like you use several different methods to help remodel your neurological pathways. I thought about that recently, because I feel that my progress is slow, and there is a big mountain for me to climb, so I was thinking perhaps it's time for me to shop for some other tools or maybe my healing efforts.

Hmm ... yes, I didn't come across this term neuroplasticity until now, but I know what you mean. I started my neurological remodeling last year, and I can feel the old pathways burning away--light buzzing sound in the head, burning or tingling sensation in my body, etc.

Wanchain
That sounds great! Glad to hear things are happening. Yes it does take time, the key seems to just be to keep on using our therapies and tools, and slowly things change. But I think some therapies can speed up recovery a little faster because they get to the heart of things, where the trauma is in the body, like the new therapies that are being used for developemental trauma that I mentioned.

Yes I try to find whatever works the best and use it. Also I've heard good things about Holotropic Breathwork and will probably try it soon. It's becoming more popular among therapists and seems to heal the deepest wounds. Also I think healthy, supportive relationships are powerful for healing, like with people who have been through alot of healing themselves. Also there's Neurofeedback which is having great results in studies, shown to be better than medication for PTSD, but may be too expensive for me right now.