View Single Post
Old 31-03-2015, 10:06 PM
Master
Fish 3/30/15 - Day 5 How Masters Help Us Back to Our Center

Well here I am again, I couldn't wait until tomorrow to contemplate yesterday's talk.

What I needed to hear from this talk was the reminder (boy I do need my reminders) to use the association with a master to re-center myself in my space of power.

This talk reminds me that I can use the tool of association with a master to tune into anyone who lives in a pure space, whether they are in a physical body or not. When I tune into their beautiful vibe it automatically re-centers me when I am too much in the mind.

There is another word for this - prayer! But no, you can do it using all the paths - meditation, devotion, studying scripture, selfless service to a master, martial arts... so many ways to make this connection.

So while this sounds so "religious" with all of its ritualistic connotations, this is really another scientific tool of meditation.

Everything that comes out of such beings is pure - their voice (spoken and written) carries that purity, as does their touch and their intention. That's why reading scripture can be so uplifting. When I listen or read something that comes from a space of purity, a wonderful energy/consciousness is transmitted through the words of the master, something that reminds me of the real me. It resets my focus back to my centre.

Sri Vasudeva compared real masters to people who are learned or think they are (like me) because the learned are stuck in a world of ideas, thinking, thinking, thinking... and that's still being involved in illusion - no matter how grand those ideas sound.

Quote:
"My relationship with a master was important because he was calling from a place of no illusion in his being,"
~ Sri Vasudeva, speaking of his own self-transformation in 1978
A real master, mystic or mahayogi does not even need to say anything to get that pure energy, that grace, to you - if you ask for it, if you are receptive to receiving it.

The Sanskrit word for this kind of transmission is shaktipat. He hasn't talked about it yet, but it's probably coming up.

I was going to post a picture of masters but instead here is a link to a website devoted to all kinds of spiritual leaders - take your pick: http://www.gurusfeet.com/