View Single Post
Old 14-01-2020, 05:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
However, you may retort that extreme temperature may cause one to hallucinate, or rigorous training regimes may cause one to hallucinate, or a super fit person may have a mental disorder causing them to hallucinate....there are also many "skinny monks" who may not be "enlightened" either - some may fast for weeks and not even hallucinate...others may fast for the same amount of time and start tripping balls...
Possibly. Haven't looked into it deeply enough, though I'm experientially familiar with cold showering and swimming and his breathing exercises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I just don't understand how certain groups of people can be generalised and pigeonholed according to the unsubstantiated opinion of one or two (individual) people...this makes no sense to my way of thinking, so if you would like to do me the courtesy of explaining how that can be so, that would be good....even though I probably won't be able to read it until next week. Cheers.
There's always some generalizing going on, this is unavoidable. In short.. poor diet, lack of sleep, and prolonged fasting (which is basically starvation) are known causes of hallucination. I think good health is preferable, as is reducing a mystical experience to poor health.