Thread: amitabha
View Single Post
Old 18-03-2019, 02:38 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
so i had this dream where i was outside of a building and a classroom of small children were entering. I held the door for them and the teacher slammed it into my hands. this didn't bother me in the least. my focus was on the children getting inside. I felt good emotion. they went in and sat in front of the class. Osiris rex was to land. on each side of the class room, i could see through windows where there were landing pads for the shape ship. i walked to a landing type pad in the middle of the room and took the empty chair there and brought it to a long desk. two others sat on each side of me. we were given three papers. i only got one. the person to my right gave me two more. i drew a picture of a human with a circle around its head, i thought to be the sun. the man to my right looked at me and i said i am an artist. he said to me, you looked beautiful from the left view side face, but front face is not so beautiful. this didn't bother me. i remained happy. he said i think i am amitabha. then i saw the word in front of me in a gold circle that kept flashing every 30 seconds or so. then he asked me if he should go the ___lands or if he should get his chair first. i said if you need your chair first, get it, then go to the ___lands. if you don't need your chair first then go to the ___lands. he got up and went to the door to leave. i said that was quick and then he asked for his chair. i was sitting in it. haha. i gave it to him and he left. that was the end of the dream.

now i never heard of the word amitabha before, so i researched it and i found an image of human with a circle around its head like i drew.

i learned some interesting stuff about amitabha.

What do you know about amitabha?
Until this week I knew very little about Amitabha. Thanks for sharing this dream it helped me very much to understand Amitabha and the Pure Lands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Hakuin's Song of Zazen
The Pure Lotus Land is not far away.

To me the main message from the dream is the same as from that poem. When you found you has Amitabha's "seat". It seems to suggest it was so close and did not even realize it.

From this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amit%C4%81bha

This seems important also. "This altar display at a temple in Taiwan shows Amitābha flanked by Mahāsthāmaprāpta on his left and Guanyin on the right"