Thread: Deer Season!!!!
View Single Post
Old 28-12-2018, 12:45 PM
ImthatIm

Sentient
Sorry about asking so many questions, but your talking my language.

Quote:
Sentient
I just used the “vision quest” description there earlier for not finding better words.

I understand. To pay the respect to the land/place and spirits that inhabit the land. To ask permission in a Spiritual sense. To not just intrude in an area without paying the proper respect. Saying here I am and here is what I wish to do in a Good Way, and to spend time blending in that area and communing with the spirits. Letting them examine your Heart and get to know you. They (Trees) know whats best in their area. Of course the trees are chief beings of the plant kingdom.
We have our favorite cedar and yew wood tree areas in the mountains. All this is of course communing with what the Creator has made for us all, to Live in peace and harmony. it is the most beautiful Way to do things to sit and commune with nature. It gets harder for people to take time nowadays.

Quote:
Sentient
I have only drank it in the ‘water form’. It is one of those – in rhythm with nature and its season’s thingies.
But of course you thank the tree and make sure you didn’t damage it.

Yes, I can see the sap as the first nutrients coming forth after a long winter. The first show of life moving again. The new years "Water of Life" breaking through and flowing.

Quote:
Sentient
My grandmother, a traditional healer (though only in secrecy in fear of being labelled) – knew the different woods to use for different purposes when heating up Sauna, though she didn’t teach me that.
Sometimes I would watch her though in action – doing everything so precisely like in a “Japanese-tea-ceremony-meditation”.

We would always have a sweat lodge as part of the most meaningful activities. To purify and to get ones mind,body,spirit right, to enter into something in a sacred manner.
Matter of fact most of my time spent in the wild/natural has been to sweat, and seek visions for the path ahead.

It has been a real pleasure Sentient.