View Single Post
Old 22-02-2018, 05:26 AM
Eelco

Right, and this is convincing how exactly?
I do like the way that you seem to know how I visualize monks sitting in a corner. Or that a monasteries wealth is somehow indicative of the "rightfulness" of their teachings..

From my understanding the richer a person or group/monestarie the better they sell the lies and indoctrinate the believers into giving.

I've seen few theravadan monestaries for instance give a directive to what " normal" Dana should be. It could be just my location on this planet. But I've seen plenty mahayana centers ask for a fee + dana, which also has a guideline price attached.

But then what do I know..
To be clear. I don't ponder which is greater. I have pondered which teachings come closer to the way I experience spirituality. Mahayana in that regard for me feels more like organised religion, where Theravada is more an individual attainable path..

Nothing wrong with either, However if one comes barging in exclaiming that his way is the only way and everything else is somehow lesser or lower or wrong in the way you seem to do.. Well that tickles my lets give some pushback response.

With Love
Eelco