Thread: 1 year on daddy
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 05:25 PM
Master

1 year on daddy

You left us a year ago, I miss you immensely. The curious journey of grief continues, it eased for a while and I was thank you but that creature which is grief has returned.

And I welcome the grief. I welcome the sadness. The lump in my throat, the heaviness in my heart and the tear in my - you see daddy - they are proof to me that I did and still do really love you - and that love never dies.

I greet this creature of grief with gladness. Glad that I had you in my life, gladness that you are often near - I hear your laugh, I see that wicked gleam in your eye, your kindness, your wisdom, your ability to cut to the chase and capture the very salient points of an issue in a way that was so concise and so articulate. And you were so very very naughty - how you loved your little practical jokes and how we shared the same humour.

I hear your voice daddy, I know you are able to give me more powerful advice these days, that we share a closer relationship than we ever did when you were alive - there was always the barrier of my mother then.

But, to sit in your physical presence, to hold your hand, in this life time it would be amazing. I will content myself with your spirit presence and my wonderful memories.

It's a year since you passed. It feels like yesterday and at the same time, it feels like you were never here. May it always feel like yesterday that you and I were sharing a laugh, or an ice cream, or a walk, or building sandcastles or the stories you used to read. Yes, it was only yesterday ...