View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 03:21 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
The belief in an afterlife, reincarnation, or heaven, is still clinging to life. That's not death. That's an extension to your life. Your just moving to a new home or new world. To me death is final, the end, there is no coming back.

It would be easy for anyone to say i'm not afraid of death while clinging to the belief of an afterlife.

I personally don't want to die at this point of my life. Maybe if i were bored with my life, or things were really that bad, or if i were old, but this is not the case. Right now i am having fun. I enjoy living. There is still so much for me to learn and explore. I feel young, alive, full of energy and passion. Why welcome death when there is still so much to live for? When there is still so much potential for me to grow.

Oh, yes...I used to be in that same school...until I had a NDE. I used to think, "Where's the evidence? Why hasn't science discovered this if consciousness survives death?" I use to believe that NDErs were either hallucinating if not right out making it up...just to try to convince themselves of God or at the least an afterlife. Then it happened to me. For me it isn't something I "believe" happened to me. It's something I experienced, just as I remember the fun I had at the last gathering with close friends, but far more a reality than even that.
I used to fear death and felt great sadness for those who passed. Now I'm actually happy when someone passes (although I'd never verbalize that to close survivors), because I know and anticipate what awaits. If I were younger, I might not be so anxious, but I'm 67, have no children and the people I'm closest to are getting all the ills of older age (even though I feel great and despite a heart attack 9 years ago have no serious health issues).

But, if you reject NDEs, that's fine. In fact, no one should believe anything unless they have tangible proof. There is no tangible proof (scientifically) that NDEs are a reality. Yet, those of us who've had them (and at least some OBEs) know different...because we have the experience and pretty much find too many great similarities to be simply imagination, the result of administered drugs effects on the psyche (when many NDEs are without any drug involvement), or the ridiculous notion that this is somehow programed to happen at death when the reality (supposedly) is that death is final.

It doesn't matter what one believes or doesn't believe, or whether we fear death or embrace it...the important thing is that we have respect for each other and try to build a better world without fear, greed or dominance.