View Single Post
Old 18-09-2015, 12:31 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by theseeker116
Thnx for the answers. But i'm still trying to seek out the path. I disagree with some of you, I actually do believe in a God and a purpose to my life. I feel at home every time I pray to God, though i'm not sure who he is yet. I can put my faith and trust in God that guidance will be reached after much hard work and patience.

That's fine. Look up; consider; contemplate Gnosticism. For us, God is within us as much as without. We are spirit caged in human form, here to improve our souls.

Hardly need say I am gnostic (if from African/neo-African traditions). Never looked back. A god out there only, is the teaching of churches that had to push that idea to get a foothold.

Can you imagine something like the Roman Church telling people that God was within them, themselves? That church killed off all the Christian gnostics to peddle its external god idea.

Trouble is, most of Jesus' disciples were gnostic and, sad for the church, Constantine didn't quite manage to destroy all their gospels - but you won't find them in the Bible. Have you ever wondered why only 4 gospels got into the Bible? Out of 12?