View Single Post
Old 20-11-2015, 01:32 PM
Experiencer

I like to view the spiritual from a scientific standpoint.

Some people think science is a body of truths. It isn't. Science is a body of theories that are based on a collection of evidences that were observed either through physical experiment or thought experiment. And the theories were tested several times from various angles to see if the results they predicted would come out in the experiments.

For instance, Relativity is just a theory, not a fact. Yet, scientists have uncovered countless examples of it being accurate to the point where every GPS device uses Relativity mathematics in order to calculate a person's position because without it it would be impossible to get accurate data.

This would give evidence that there is a stretching of something called space-time, yet no one has ever observed something called space-time, they have only seen evidence that supports a theory that describes it.

One of my favorite quotes is from an old electronics textbook from the 60's. It said that everything in the book was based on a theory of electricity and that that theory was wrong, but it was the best model that science had come up with at that time. And then it said "Don't worry, this model has worked for billions of people across the world, and it will work for you too."

Today our understanding of electricity is a bit different than back then and because of our new understanding we have made leaps and bounds in our technology.

And, really, it can't be any other way than this. It's impossible for an observer of a medium that is immersed in the medium to know everything about that medium. All they can do is poke around within it and see what results they get, and build on that body of knowledge as time goes on. But they will always be limited by their perspective of being part of the very system they are experimenting on.

That's how I approach spirituality. I look for as much evidence I can find and run experiments on it to see if it will produce the same results. If it does I know I'm on to something and can have a measure of faith in it. At the same time I know that my understanding is wrong and that if I dig a little further I will eventually uncover more evidence that will make me see my model in a new light and force me to modify it. It's a never-ending journey, but always leads to expansion and growth.

--
But that's my way of doing some of it. Here is a video clip from Abraham Hicks where they explain truth and how to find it. It ties in with what has already been said by many on this thread.

https://youtu.be/KvKVeiWFaNk?t=57